Hey everyone, I'm Rattles.
I'm the guy behind DevXH — and apparently the guy who decided that Diablo/Hellfire needed to run as a dedicated server.
I'm from Ontario, Canada, and I've been messing around with Linux, servers, networking, and various bits of game infrastructure for quite a while. I've always enjoyed taking things apart, figuring out how they work, and then inevitably thinking, “Well... I wonder if I could make this do that instead.”
That's pretty much how DevXH happened.
I wanted a simple way to run Diablo/Hellfire multiplayer without having to leave a game client sitting open on a desktop somewhere. So I started messing around with DevilutionX and the idea of turning the game itself into a proper dedicated server.
Naturally, the project grew a little.
What started as a relatively simple Linux daemon turned into the DevXH website, public server listing, gate registration, ZeroTier support, documentation, a forum, and now an actual released project.
I'm not here pretending to be some huge game-hosting company. I'm just a guy who likes building weird useful shit and seeing what happens when I put it on the Internet.
DevXH is officially launched now, so this is the part where I get to step back a little and let people actually use the damn thing.
If you're running a gate, testing DevXH, have questions, find something broken, or just want to talk Diablo/Hellfire, feel free to say hi.
And if you're wondering why the hell I built this in the first place... honestly, I'm still pretty happy that it worked.
Welcome to DevXH!
I'm the guy behind DevXH — and apparently the guy who decided that Diablo/Hellfire needed to run as a dedicated server.
I'm from Ontario, Canada, and I've been messing around with Linux, servers, networking, and various bits of game infrastructure for quite a while. I've always enjoyed taking things apart, figuring out how they work, and then inevitably thinking, “Well... I wonder if I could make this do that instead.”
That's pretty much how DevXH happened.
I wanted a simple way to run Diablo/Hellfire multiplayer without having to leave a game client sitting open on a desktop somewhere. So I started messing around with DevilutionX and the idea of turning the game itself into a proper dedicated server.
Naturally, the project grew a little.
What started as a relatively simple Linux daemon turned into the DevXH website, public server listing, gate registration, ZeroTier support, documentation, a forum, and now an actual released project.
I'm not here pretending to be some huge game-hosting company. I'm just a guy who likes building weird useful shit and seeing what happens when I put it on the Internet.
DevXH is officially launched now, so this is the part where I get to step back a little and let people actually use the damn thing.
If you're running a gate, testing DevXH, have questions, find something broken, or just want to talk Diablo/Hellfire, feel free to say hi.
And if you're wondering why the hell I built this in the first place... honestly, I'm still pretty happy that it worked.
Welcome to DevXH!
